Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse
Rockland, Maine Built in 1902
The breakwater was built as a protective measure for Rockland’s harbor. The breakwater itself became a hazard to navigation so the lighthouse was built on the breakwater in 1902. The breakwater extends 4346 feet from the shore. The lighthouse tower is 25 feet from the base and is visible for up to 17 miles.
© 2015 Colored Pencil Drawing by Gail Borgman McGuire