Old Mission Point Lighthouse
Traverse City , Michigan - Built in 1870
This is a small beautiful lighthouse whose tower stands at 36 feet.
It is located on a peninsula 17 miles north of Traverse City.
The lighthouse was decommissioned in 1933 and the property
was purchased after World War II by the State of Michigan.
The lighthouse is now part of the Peninsula Township Park.
By Gail Borgman McGuire ©2006